Top Posts & Pages
- Why was the beggar Lazarus in Abraham’s bosom?
- The Abomination of Desolation. Matthew 24: 15-22. Part 6 of the series
- Wearing out the saints
- Micah 1:5 part two, What is the transgression of Jacob?
- The salvation and the power.
- “We have no king but Caesar;” a chilling declaration.
- The Bible, Jesus Christ, and God. What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Believe.
- The Ten Virgins – A parable; A commentary.
- Gather from every side to my sacrifice. Ezekiel 39:17-20
- God's steadfast love and compassion. Micah 7:18-20.
- 26,299 hits
Recent Posts: A voice in the wilderness
Category Archives: Freedom from sin
Romans, chapter 13 is entitled: Submission to the Authorities I am already struggling with this title, but let’s be patient and see what the chapter is telling us. Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities.For there … Continue reading
Paul opened the twelfth chapter of Romans with a stern warning that we are to present our bodies as living sacrifices. Here is how the NASB puts it: Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and … Continue reading
The NASB entitles Romans 12:1,2 as a living sacrifice. As you pursue the depths within chapter 12, you come to understand that WE are that living sacrifice. Finding the treasures buried within those depths may require a focused examination into what Paul is … Continue reading
We open our study of Romans 11 with the last three verses of Romans 10. Why? Because chapter 11 is a continuation of thought, and, as you will see, opens with what seems like an important. If we have some … Continue reading
My first thought, the Glory of God’s presence, is something I can only vaguely describe, and all I understand of heaven boils down to one simple word, peace. So, there truly is no comparison, especially those who sit beside me … Continue reading
What glee he must have felt seeing Jesus hanging on that cross. What a failure this Messiah had proven to be, or so he thought. Satan, it seems, had taken Jesus captive. What a shock when Jesus ripped the doors off the prison gates of Hell. Continue reading
So when Paul says I would not have come to know sin except through the Law, perhaps he is saying, having been taught that there was a law as a young child, I came to understand that going outside the parameters of the Law, was to miss the mark (sin.) Continue reading