Top Posts & Pages
- Wearing out the saints
- A look at Micah. Chapter 1 verse 5. What is the rebellion of Jacob? Is it not Samaria?
- Do not pass judgment. Romans 14:1-4
- A Prophetic word, conveyed more clearly than I.
- Questions and challenges: Revelation 20 and the Great White Throne.
- The Abomination of Desolation. Matthew 24: 15-22. Part 6 of the series
- Gabriel Brings an Answer, but to what? Daniel chapter 9 part two.
- Daniel chapter 10 commentary and notes for Bible study
- The beast was allowed to speak. Revelation 13:5-6
- It had two horns like a lamb. Revelation 13:11-18
- 26,383 hits
Recent Posts: A voice in the wilderness
Category Archives: spiritual gifts
Romans, chapter 13 is entitled: Submission to the Authorities I am already struggling with this title, but let’s be patient and see what the chapter is telling us. Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities.For there … Continue reading
Note how the NASB uses the term wickedness. Just the mention of the word evokes images of horrific acts. Look that word “wickedness” up, and you can find, according to the Word Study Dictionary, that a sufficient and simplistic understanding is “what ought not to be.” That sounds like something my granddad used to say. He applied that farm mentality to me on more than one occasion, but notably when I tested out the cigarette lighter in his car and got burned. Continue reading
Paul opened the twelfth chapter of Romans with a stern warning that we are to present our bodies as living sacrifices. Here is how the NASB puts it: Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and … Continue reading
My first thought, the Glory of God’s presence, is something I can only vaguely describe, and all I understand of heaven boils down to one simple word, peace. So, there truly is no comparison, especially those who sit beside me … Continue reading
I don’t like confrontation, nor do I like to embarrass myself, so typically I tell the Mormons and the Jehovah’s Witness, that I am not interested, and they leave; but not today. For years I have heard others talk about … Continue reading
This is a brief step aside from my study on Romans to look, once again, at the Peretti book, Piercing the Darkness.
I have been rereading a Frank E. Peretti book called Piercing the Darkness. Years ago I heard Dr. Dobson interview Mr. Peretti about the books he has written because there was such insight into the spirit world, and Dr. Dobson, … Continue reading