Top Posts & Pages
- Wearing out the saints
- The Ten Virgins – A parable; A commentary.
- Problems with identifying the Roman Empire as the fourth kingdom.
- My notes as I prepared to teach on the Discipline of Fasting by Richard Foster.
- Does king David reign over the Millennium?
- The head that was mortally wounded is alive again. Revelation 13:3-4
- This calls for wisdom. Revelation 13:16-18
- Micah 5:4,5 - For He will be highly honored.
- “God rescued them, and then gave them the law.” Pastor Jeff Vines, Chapter 5 of The Story.
- Wait for the salvation of God. Micah 7:1-17.
- 22,136 hits
Recent Posts: A voice in the wilderness
Tag Archives: God’s word
As I move into the last chapter of Micah I feel a sense of relief because it seems that book studies/commentaries can, at times, be wearisome. In looking at statistics on the blog, I can see that readers have dropped … Continue reading
I will tell you what motivated this study. I went to a “Bible Study” that to some degree was promoted by a Southern California Christian radio host. I think the man is sincere and I think the work God has … Continue reading
Several weeks ago the Monday morning study leader announced that the following week we would be starting a study on vengeance. To show that the carnal side of me still exists, I wrote this on my notepad, Coming up next … Continue reading
I am not so sure there are myths involved, as it is more a case of suppositions. My interest in Rahab started long ago, as I heard the stories, but rarely ever read the story for myself. If you follow my … Continue reading
When we last saw Jonah, he had walked through the town of Nineveh, a three-day journey, as he proclaimed “forty days and Nineveh will be overthrown.” The result of God’s proclamation, the entire town, and the Assyrian king cover themselves … Continue reading
On September 9, 2007, I sat down to write in my journal. It is something that I did sporadically. I often wish I journaled on a regular basis because looking back shows me things that: are still important, and, how … Continue reading
We all have versions of the David and Goliath story in our heads. In our men’s group, we are reading Max Lucado’s book Overcoming your Giants. In the first chapter the author talks in odd descriptives about a young David, … Continue reading
I believe what we see here in Revelation 11:18 is the end of all things, but on what do I base that assessment? “And the nations were enraged, and Your wrath came, and the time came for the dead to … Continue reading