Top Posts & Pages
- Why was the beggar Lazarus in Abraham’s bosom?
- The Abomination of Desolation. Matthew 24: 15-22. Part 6 of the series
- A Prophetic word, conveyed more clearly than I.
- Wearing out the saints
- Micah 1:5 part two, What is the transgression of Jacob?
- Daniel chapter 10 commentary and notes for Bible study
- The salvation and the power.
- “We have no king but Caesar;” a chilling declaration.
- The Bible, Jesus Christ, and God. What Do Jehovah's Witnesses Believe.
- The Ten Virgins – A parable; A commentary.
- 26,304 hits
Recent Posts: A voice in the wilderness
Tag Archives: John
This section on Thomas seems like it could stand alone, we often get sermons that do just that, and yet it is deeply intertwined on the basis of belief, doubt, and mercy. Thomas, it seems, is unfairly singled out, for … Continue reading
One of things you have to do is take the superhero cape off these guys. The were just like you and me, and, they struggled to believe. John 20:20 GW When he said this, he showed them his hands and … Continue reading
John 20:19 -31; Luke 24 – Part 1 Once again I emphasized my belief that John was writing to Jewish believers. I say this because here he is making the point that it was still the first day. To the … Continue reading
That’s the kind of question you might ask at a crime scene. Oh man, that just made me think of the safety films we had to watch at the phone company. A company vehicle waits for the train to go … Continue reading
(I will confess that my notes, covering ten verses, are ten pages long. I am not one of those post a day people, my brain does not work that efficiently. And prepping for bible study takes me several days. Because … Continue reading
“I have shown your glory on earth” John 17:4 GNB I have shown your glory on earth; I have finished the work you gave me to do. The first thing that enters my thinking is what did he do? I … Continue reading
Chapter 17, like 16 begins mid-thought. To start there seems inappropriate, so I recap just a bit. For the time is coming (John 16:2) Everything about this statement screams excitement. For the disciples it was mixed with pain and sorrow, … Continue reading
In ways they were much like the grand kids on a longer trip, saying, “papa, are we there yet?” But how much do I still sound like this, for sometimes I find myself doing and thinking the same things as … Continue reading