We went to our church Christmas spectacular. Beautiful voices, entertainment and interesting videos to coincide, but the part that got me was what I could hear of this passage from the bible. An aspect of this passage is that it always recreates a visual image of Linus reading to Charlie Brown after telling him I know what Christmas is all about.
Luke 2:8-14 KJV And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. (9) And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. (10) And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. (11) For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (12) And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. (13) And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, (14) Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
When this ended I again heard this inside of me. He is real and alive, and coming back for those who are his. Turn your hearts toward Jesus. He has already turned his heart toward yours.
- Deck the Halls 2012: The Beautiful Nativity (vintageindie.typepad.com)
- Advent Isn’t Over (dearchristiancounselor.com)
- Merry Christmas And A Prosperous New Year In Christ Jesus (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Day 25.12.12 Luke 2.1-20 (stephencherry1.wordpress.com)
- Luke 2 King James Version (KJV) (aework.wordpress.com)